Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Mitch Claborn <mi...@claborn.net> on 2022/01/14 17:05:09 UTC

Java Copy Paste plugin

Back in earlier versions of NetBeans (12.2?) I was using a plugin called
"Java Copy Paste". You could select a multi-line String constant and
copy it as plain text, eliminating the surrounding double quotes. I used
it frequently.

I can no longer find it to install. Can anyone help?

--

Mitch

Re: Java Copy Paste plugin

Posted by Mitch Claborn <mi...@claborn.net>.
Interested: +1
Willing to test: +1

Mitch

Re: Java Copy Paste plugin

Posted by Andreas Reichel <an...@manticore-projects.com>.

https://github.com/manticore-projects/jsqlformatter#import-java-string-from-clipboard

Re: Java Copy Paste plugin

Posted by Andreas Reichel <an...@manticore-projects.com>.
Greetings All.

Re: Java Copy Paste plugin

Posted by Mitch Claborn <mi...@claborn.net>.
Yes, that's the one.

Re: Java Copy Paste plugin

Posted by Juan Algaba <ja...@colef.mx>.
Was it this one?
http://web.archive.org/web/20210304034453/http://plugins.netbeans.org/plugin/2748/java-text-copy-paste-module

I was gonna say that you could compile it from source, but
unfortunately it doesn't list any. Not even on the creators github
account.
I'm afraid this may be lost to the sands of time :(

On Fri, Jan 14, 2022 at 9:05 AM Mitch Claborn <mi...@claborn.net> wrote:

> Back in earlier versions of NetBeans (12.2?) I was using a plugin called
> "Java Copy Paste". You could select a multi-line String constant and
> copy it as plain text, eliminating the surrounding double quotes. I used
> it frequently.
>
> I can no longer find it to install. Can anyone help?
>
> --
>
> Mitch

- Juan Algaba