Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Carl Marcum <cm...@apache.org> on 2016/01/30 15:42:27 UTC

[PROPOSAL][DEVTOOLS] Stage Java BootstrapConnector to Maven Repository

Hi All,

I would like to create Maven bundles of the source, classes, and javadoc
of the recently added BootstrapConnector  [1] and stage them on the
Apache Nexus Maven Repository using groupId "org.openoffice" so this
would be from the project.

If the project consensus is that a VOTE is necessary I will call for one
after staging and prior to publishing, or if not, I will do another
PROPOSAL for release.

This jar allows bootstrapping the office by passing a string
representing the path to the office executable to the bootstrap method.

This code has been available for download from the Forum since 2008 [2].

I have obtained permission from the author to use the code by our
project and under the AL 2.0 license and documented it with the AOO PMC.

If there are no objections to the above proposal by midnight GMT
Wednesday February 3rd,  then I will invoke Lazy Consensus and proceed
to implement the above proposal.

Another option to this is that I publish them as an individual with a
different groupId if this is preferred.

[1]
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openoffice/devtools/bootstrap-connector/trunk/

[2] https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2520

Thanks,
Carl

Re: [PROPOSAL][DEVTOOLS] Stage Java BootstrapConnector to Maven Repository

Posted by Carl Marcum <cm...@apache.org>.
> I forgot to be explicit.
>
> By releasing, I mean in accordance with
> <http://apache.org/dev/release.html> and
> <http://apache.org/dev/release-publishing>.
>
> This can't be done single-handed, although all the preparation of release candidates could be (in simple cases).
>
> It's really up to Carl to pursue this, which I recommend, or go off-project (which would remain an alternative anyhow).
>
>   - Dennis

I should be able to stage the Maven bundle to Nexus this evening an and
call for a vote.

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <or...@apache.org>.
I forgot to be explicit.

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <or...@apache.org>.

[ ... ]

Re: [PROPOSAL][DEVTOOLS] Stage Java BootstrapConnector to Maven Repository

Posted by Carl Marcum <cm...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <or...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dave Fisher <da...@comcast.net>.
I think the artifacts should be org.apache.openoffice. Artifacts using org.openoffice are not likely to be within policy, but if issued would also be understood to be from this project. A proper release is required including the source for these jars.

Vote is 3 +1 from PMC and a majority. Convention is that -1 is taken seriously if it has true technical merit.

Regards,
Dave

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <or...@apache.org>.