Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by vamsikrishna_tsss <va...@yahoo.com> on 2013/06/11 16:36:48 UTC

ActiveMQ configuration.

Hi ,

I am using Activemq 5.8.0

I have a doubt regarding the <systemUsage>  configuration in activemq.xml ,
here is my doubt..

If I do not mention anything about the <systemUsage> it is taking the
default limit values for "memoryUsage", "storeUsage", "tempUsage".

And my requirement is I just want to specify the "memoryUsage" as below in
aactivemq.xml

<systemUsage>
        <systemUsage>
                <memoryUsage>
                    <memoryUsage limit="50 MB"/>
                </memoryUsage>
            </systemUsage>
  </systemUsage>

but at this point of time when I started activemq I got an error as follow:

ERROR | Store limit is 0 mb, whilst the max journal file size for the store
is: 32 mb, the store will not accept any data when used.

ERROR | Temporary Store limit is 0 mb, whilst the max journal file size for
the temporary store is: 32 mb, the temp store will not accept any d
ata when used.

is it possible to  specify only the "memoryUsage" limit and other two can
get the default values.

Thank,
Krishna.

Re: ActiveMQ configuration.

Posted by vkcse <va...@yahoo.com>.
Thank you....

Re: ActiveMQ configuration.

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.
Not at the moment. When you specify the <systemUsage> objects, you must
specify all components. If you'd like to change it, please open a JIRA and
submit a patch.

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 10:36 AM, vamsikrishna_tsss <
vamsikrishna_tsss@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> I am using Activemq 5.8.0
>
> I have a doubt regarding the <systemUsage>  configuration in activemq.xml ,
> here is my doubt..
>
> If I do not mention anything about the <systemUsage> it is taking the
> default limit values for "memoryUsage", "storeUsage", "tempUsage".
>
> And my requirement is I just want to specify the "memoryUsage" as below in
> aactivemq.xml
>
> <systemUsage>
>         <systemUsage>
>                 <memoryUsage>
>                     <memoryUsage limit="50 MB"/>
>                 </memoryUsage>
>             </systemUsage>
>   </systemUsage>
>
> but at this point of time when I started activemq I got an error as follow:
>
> ERROR | Store limit is 0 mb, whilst the max journal file size for the store
> is: 32 mb, the store will not accept any data when used.
>
> ERROR | Temporary Store limit is 0 mb, whilst the max journal file size for
> the temporary store is: 32 mb, the temp store will not accept any d
> ata when used.
>
> is it possible to  specify only the "memoryUsage" limit and other two can
> get the default values.
>
> Thank,
> Krishna.

*Christian Posta*