Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Barry Demchak <bd...@tpsoft.com> on 2008/10/24 01:59:29 UTC

Tomcat, CXF, Security Manager, and Permissions

Hi --

I have a Tomcat-based application that is able to perform a CXF-based
web services call just fine when Tomcat security is turned off. When
Tomcat security is on, the CXF-based web service call throws an
execution error exception.

I assume that this occurs because I haven't provided some
SecurityManager permissions in the Tomcat policy files.

Can anyone shed some light on this?? Is there a list of permissions
that CXF needs in order to run with the Tomcat Security Manager??

Thanks! (Otherwise, I'll have to run with security disabled.)

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
: Barry Demchak                          :
: UC San Diego                           :
: Computer Science Department            :
: https://sosa.ucsd.edu/people/bdemchak/ :
: (858) 452-8700                         :

Re: Tomcat, CXF, Security Manager, and Permissions

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
I guess it depends on how strict the security manager is.   CXF, but it's
nature, does a lot of things with reflection, examining annotations, etc...
It also does some classloading things, it uses ASM to create some classes,
etc...   There are a bunch of things that could potentially cause issues if
the security manager is too strict.   That said, no idea how to debug
it.   :-(    Propably remote attach to the tomcat instance and put a
breakpoint in the security manager class and see what's causing it to throw
stuff.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: Tomcat, CXF, Security Manager, and Permissions

Posted by Barry Demchak <bd...@tpsoft.com>.
Thanks, Sergey ...

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <se...@progress.com>.
Hi