Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by "Yang, Gang CTR US USA" <ga...@us.army.mil> on 2011/01/19 21:48:23 UTC

How to use binding-ws-runtime-jaxws? (UNCLASSIFIED)

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Hi,

I noticed in Tusncay 2.0.Beta1 sources distribution, there're
binding-ws-runtime-jaxws and binding-ws-runtime-jaxws-ri modules, but
can't find any documentation or discussion about them. Does this mean
Tuscany 2.0 supports JAX-WS? Is it completed? How do I use it?

Thanks,

Gang

RE: How to use binding-ws-runtime-jaxws? (UNCLASSIFIED)

Posted by "Yang, Gang CTR US USA" <ga...@us.army.mil>.
Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Hi, Simon,

Thanks for the history. It sounds like there is a chance that I could
use jaxws handlers if binding-ws-runtime-jaxws-ri simply relies on JVM
to handle the jaxws runtime. Of course normally the Tuscany user should
only use SCA APIs and not have to rely on binding implementation
specific capabilities. Maybe in the future, the Tuscany's binding phase
interceptors can be mapped to jaxws handlers in the
binding-ws-runtime-jaxws implementation.

Thanks,
Gang

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by "Yang, Gang CTR US USA" <ga...@us.army.mil>.
Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Hi, Mike,

The reason I'm asking about the jaxws handlers is that I need to plug in
a new WS-security. I had tried Tuscany Policy interceptor in 1.6 and it
does not seem to work out (I had another post under the title "How to
add new security extension to Tuscany binding.ws?" on this. Since jaxws
spec included the handler framework and if Tuscany's jaxws runtime
conforms to that spec, I should be able to using annotations to hook in
the new WS-security implemented as handlers. I know JVM supports it.

Thanks,
Gang

Posted by Mike Edwards <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Yang, Gang CTR US USA" <ga...@us.army.mil>.
Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Thanks, Urso,

I think distribution for 2.0 is slightly different than 1.6. 1.6 has the Tuscany-sca-all-1.6.jar that includes everything. That's why I was looking for something at .composite level to specify which binding to use, i.e. "binding.ws.jaxws" vs "binding.ws.axis2":-)

Gang

Posted by Urso Wieske <uw...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gang

Posted by Urso Wieske <uw...@gmail.com>.