Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by Guillermo Cruz <gu...@slashdotmedia.com.INVALID> on 2022/08/01 17:36:08 UTC

[allura:tickets] #8449 jQuery Upgrade

---

** [tickets:#8449] jQuery Upgrade**

**Status:** open
**Milestone:** unreleased
**Created:** Mon Aug 01, 2022 05:36 PM UTC by Guillermo Cruz
**Last Updated:** Mon Aug 01, 2022 05:36 PM UTC
**Owner:** Guillermo Cruz

Upgrade jQuery to the latest version.

---

Sent from forge-allura.apache.org because dev@allura.apache.org is subscribed to https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/tickets/

[allura:tickets] #8449 jQuery Upgrade

Posted by Guillermo Cruz <gu...@slashdotmedia.com.INVALID>.
Yes, I did missed that notice about the `ajax` methods, thanks!. I reverted the commit with the ajax changes, tested and we really don't need them as you pointed out.

I also added the missing `jquery-migrate` file and updated license files with new file paths.

---

** [tickets:#8449] jQuery Upgrade**

**Status:** open
**Milestone:** unreleased
**Created:** Mon Aug 01, 2022 05:36 PM UTC by Guillermo Cruz
**Last Updated:** Thu Aug 04, 2022 09:10 PM UTC

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.
- **status**: open --> closed
- **Reviewer**: Dave Brondsema

---

** [tickets:#8449] jQuery Upgrade**

**Status:** closed
**Milestone:** unreleased
**Created:** Mon Aug 01, 2022 05:36 PM UTC by Guillermo Cruz
**Last Updated:** Fri Aug 05, 2022 06:02 PM UTC

Posted by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net>.
- looks like you forgot to add `jquery-migrate-3.4.0.js`?
- `jquery-base.js` can be deleted
- there are 2 `LICENSE` file that mention jquery-base.js, we need to update those with the 3 new jquery related files
- also update `rat-excludes.txt` for the new files.  That is used by https://creadur.apache.org/rat/ to make sure we have acceptable licenses for all our files
- https://jquery.com/upgrade-guide/3.0/#ajax says:
> Note that this does not have any impact at all on the ajax callbacks of the same name passed through the options object, which continue to exist and are not deprecated. This only affects the jqXHR methods.

so I think we don't need to change (and maybe must not change?) code like this.  Maybe Allura doesn't need any ajax changes?
```diff
               $.ajax({
                 url: "%suser_search",
                 dataType: "json",
                 data: {
                   term: request.term
                 },
-                success: function (data) {
+                done: function (data) {
                   response(data.users);
                 }
               });

```