Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Johan 'Spocke' Sörlin <sp...@paregos.se> on 2000/03/09 21:51:34 UTC

XQL and caching posibilities.

Hi!

I've designed/coded XML server applications for about a year now
and I've still hav'nt seen any good examples of XQL engines and caching in
XML applications.

In our productions we built our own caching etc for XML base sites.
And for search capabilities we used a SQL server to store some of
the document data.

Is there a project for XQL and/or Caching under the xml.apache.org site.

CU...
// -=: p a r e g o s : m e d i a d e s i g n :=-
// box 390 : S-931 24 skellefteå : sweden
// direct.tel: +46.(0)910.715705 : fax: +46.(0)910.715729
// http://www.paregos.se : js@paregos.se : ICQ: 9991973

Re: XQL and caching posibilities.

Posted by Assaf Arkin <ar...@exoffice.com>.
Seems that XPath does most of the same stuff and is easier to define,
plus gives some room to implementation specific details, such as, do you
want the output as objects, XML documents, directly sent to someone,
etc.

So, except to see query engines using XPath but not necessarily
generating an XML document for you (or more specifically a DOM or SAX
events).

arkin

Assaf Arkin                                           www.exoffice.com
CTO, Exoffice Technologies, Inc.                        www.exolab.org