Posted to log4php-dev@logging.apache.org by "Patrick H. Piper" <pp...@netlinxinc.com> on 2006/01/26 12:36:03 UTC

DB appender layout fails to escape backslash on wintel platform

While using the db appender and the recent revision you have made to the
LoggerLoggingEvent::getLocationInformation() (fixed btw :-)) I have noticed
the following difference in the way in which the fully qualified path of the
file name is stored in my database(s).

On unix:

/dir1/dir2/dir3/filename.php

On Windows:
D:dir1dir2dir3filename.php

I am not sure which part of the code to look at or if this is a
configuration error on my part or if this is simply a small bug/issue in one
of the layout files or in the appender itself.

The file appenders seem to output the string correctly on both unix and
wintel.

My windows-based platform is:
Windows xp
Apache 2.0.55