Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by satish viswanatham <sa...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/13 18:23:28 UTC

Is Dynamic DNS possible with Apache DS?

Hi

I see that Apache DS works as a DNS server
http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.0/dns-protocol-provider.html.

Can this be extended to serve dynamic resolution of names for example call
back or interceptor is called for each naming lookup. I am looking for
something similar what pdns has
http://doc.powerdns.com/pipebackend-dynamic-resolution.html , but in Java.

Any thoughts? Does Apache DS or any other Java Server does this?

thanks
Satish

Re: Is Dynamic DNS possible with Apache DS?

Posted by Enrique Rodriguez <en...@gmail.com>.
On 7/13/07, satish viswanatham <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I see that Apache DS works as a DNS server
> http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.0/dns-protocol-provider.html.
>
> Can this be extended to serve dynamic resolution of names for example call
> back or interceptor is called for each naming lookup. I am looking for
> something similar what pdns has
> http://doc.powerdns.com/pipebackend-dynamic-resolution.html
> , but in Java.
>
> Any thoughts? Does Apache DS or any other Java Server does this?

ApacheDS could be extended to support DDNS, but this is not a
currently supported feature.

Enrique