Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org> on 2013/09/02 23:35:33 UTC

Re: Release process?

On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 5:40 PM, Matei Zaharia <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I sent an email about a week ago saying we're doing a feature freeze and only
> finishing up some of the current tasks (e.g. better build setup for linking to Hadoop).
> I think many of those are now in. The other big scary thing left is to change the
> package name to org.apache.spark.. will do that this weekend. When it's done
> I plan to post a release candidate.

A huge +1 for spending effort on frequent releases. This is one of the
key elements
for an incubator project successful graduation.

Also, even though Spark is a rather new addition to the Bigtop family we've got
a few integration tests available for it already and would love to provide the
feedback!

Thanks,
Roman.