Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/04 15:15:53 UTC

Re: NodeStates and security (Re: svn commit: r1458234 - in /jackrabbit/oak/trunk: oak-core/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/core/ oak-core/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/kernel/ oak-core/src/main/java/org/apache/jackrabbit/oak/plugins/version/ oak-core/src/main/java/o)

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 12:24 PM, Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> wrote:
> To address that case I was thinking that we could revise the
> getChildNode() contract to *always* return a new NodeState even if the
> named child node did not exist. Coupled with something like a new
> NodeState.exists() method (that would replace the current null checks
> on getChildNode() return values) this would allow us to access nodes
> down the hierarchy even if their parents don't "exist" for the current
> user.

As discussed in OAK-709, I've now committed (see revision 1464516) an
initial version of such a refactoring.

The full patch is pretty large and in one way or another touches
pretty much all code that traverses NodeStates, so please make sure to
update your checkouts and watch out for potential conflicts with
pending changes.

BR,

Jukka Zitting