Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Petr Hracek <ph...@gmail.com> on 2011/02/03 11:06:21 UTC

[users@httpd] Caching of files gif,css,js,jpg

Dear users,

I am solving the caching of the images under apache 2.2 my
configuration has actually following:

Here is the part of configuration file.
<VirtualHost _default_:443>
<IfModule mod_header.c>
     Header unset ETag
</IfModule>

FileETag None

<FilesMatch "\.(gif|jpe?g|png|css)$">
    Allow from all
    Satisfy Any
    ExpiresActive on
    ExpiresDefault "access plus 1 weeks"
</FilesMatch>

<FilesMatch "\.(js)$">
    Allow from all
    Satisfy Any
    ExpiresActive on
    ExpiresDefault "access plus 2 days"
</FilesMatch>

</VirtualHost>

Is it possible to define cache figure per session?
Is this configuration correct?

Reason of the question is following:
- Lets say the user connect to the system where the actuall situation
is installed
- Next day administrator will updated the system so that pictures will
be updated. Pictures will have the same
name
- Afterwards user which has been connected to the system had old
picture taken from the system.

Is it right that my configuration of apache will occurs that user will
see in case of css,gif updated after 1 week?
How is it possible to handle that situation or is it relevant only to
the browser side and not on the apache side?

Thank you in advance

--
Best Regards / S pozdravem
Petr Hracek