Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Alexander Wallace <aw...@rwmotloc.com> on 2007/11/22 01:32:39 UTC

is it possible to export/import a repository from FS to DB

Hi All... Quick question... If i change the config to use  DB for
jackrabbit repository... Is there any way to import into the DB all
that has been added to the local, disk file system?

thanks in advance!

Re: is it possible to export/import a repository from FS to DB

Posted by Alexander Wallace <aw...@rwmotloc.com>.
thanks! that helped a lot!

On Nov 23, 2007, at 5:43 AM, Paco Avila wrote:

> El jue, 22-11-2007 a las 17:32 -0600, Alexander Wallace escribió:
>> thanks a lot for the response... I have not tried it but looks like
>> there is an session.exportSystemView and a session.getWorkspace
>> ().importXML ... So maybe that's it...
>
> Ye, you are right. You can search in the mailing list for any sample
> code (http://www.nabble.com/forum/Search.jtp?forum=361&local=y) or
> read
> the specification :)
>

>> thanks!
>>

>> On Nov 22, 2007, at 10:54 AM, Fabián Mandelbaum wrote:
>>
>>> If I understood correctly, one can run a system-view export of the
>>> repo
>>> to an XML file, and then import that XML file into another repo to
>>> 'duplicate' the original repo.
>>>
>>> So, a quick-and-dirty solution would be:
>>>
>>> RepoA (FS): export system view
>>> RepoB (DB): import system view

Posted by Paco Avila <pa...@git.es>.

Posted by Alexander Wallace <aw...@rwmotloc.com>.