Posted to dev@bookkeeper.apache.org by houxiaoyu <an...@gmail.com> on 2023/05/05 04:54:30 UTC

[DISCUSS] BP-62: Make all PacketProcessorBaseV3 recyclable

Hi Bookkeeper Community

I opened a BP to discuss "Make all PacketProcessorBaseV3 recyclable"

I copy the content here for convenience, any suggestions are welcome and
appreciated.

In V2 Protocol, All the processors are recyclable, e.g.,
`WriteEntryProcessor` and `ReadEntryProcessor`.  So in this BP, I'd like to
make all the processors in V3 Protocol also recyclable.  The processor
including the following class which are subclass of `PacketProcessorBaseV3`:
- `ForceLedgerProcessorV3`
- `GetBookieInfoProcessorV3`
- `GetListOfEntriesOfLedgerProcessorV3`
- `LongPollReadEntryProcessorV3`
- `ReadEntryProcessorV3`
- `ReadLacProcessorV3`
- `WriteEntryProcessorV3`
- `WriteLacProcessorV3`

For more details, please read the BP at:
https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/issues/3943
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Thanks
Xiaoyu Hou

Re: [DISCUSS] BP-62: Make all PacketProcessorBaseV3 recyclable

Posted by steven lu <lu...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding) Good idea

houxiaoyu <an...@gmail.com> 于2023年5月5日周五 12:54写道: