Posted to user@beehive.apache.org by Ola Ödling <ol...@explizit.se> on 2007/03/12 11:04:29 UTC

Problem with login/logout

Hi.

Trying desperately to find any useful information about how to handle
login/logout-methods
in the Controller-class in Beehive. I'm running on WebSphere Application
Server Community
Edition Version 1 (built on top of Geronimo), and have created an WebApp and
installed
Beehive. The PageFlows I've build are working. I have even created a login
form (using
<security-constraint>, <login-config> etc in web.xml), and I can login
through that
mechanism with no problem.

However, when logging out I naturally want to use the logout-method in
Controller class,
it just give me an Exception:

java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: logout is not supported by
org.apache.beehive.netui.pageflow.DefaultServletContainerAdapter

When fooling around with the login method in Controller class, I get the
same Exception.

I've tried to find information (searching Internet, IBM and apache.org) on
how to override
this default behaviour, but so far I have not found enough info to make a
solution.
My best guess so far is to supersede the DefaultServletContainerAdapter
class, but I still
don't know how to connect to the login/logout behaviour existing in
WebSphere/Geronimo from
my superseding class.

Is there anyone here that knows a solution, or can direct me to any resource
describing
a solution to my problem?

Thanks,
Ola

Re: Problem with login/logout

Posted by Carlin Rogers <ca...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ola,

Yes, you are correct. You will need to override the default behavior
by extending the DefaultServletContainerAdapter class. Some of the
features in NetUI depend on container-specific capabilities. The
following document briefly explains how to write your adapter and set
it up so NetUI "discovers" your adapter class as a service...

http://beehive.apache.org/docs/1.0.2/netui/servletContainerAdapters.html

The API Javadoc for the ServletContainerAdapter interface also
contains information that may be helpful...
http://beehive.apache.org/docs/1.0.2/netui/apidocs/javadoc/org/apache/beehive/netui/pageflow/ServletContainerAdapter.html

Sounds like you already have a WebSphere / Geronimo specific adapter
but if needed, you could look at the existing ServletContainerAdapter
implementation and helper classes for tomcat that is in SVN.

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/beehive/trunk/netui/src/tomcat-webapp/5.0.x/org/apache/beehive/netui/tomcat/TomcatServletContainerAdapter.java

Kind regards,
Carlin