Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Krishna Vemuri <kr...@electroneconomy.com> on 2001/05/23 03:20:44 UTC

SOAPException caught

Hey Guys,

I am a total newbie to SOAP, I have written a HelloWorld application to
get acquianted with SOAP, I am using the binaries 2.1 with TOMCAT 3.2.1,
I have been able to deploy the service to, the issue comes while I try
use the invoke method on the Call object, it throws the following
SOAPException :

E:\test_files\test\soap\hello>java HelloSoapClient Krishna
Caught SOAPException( SOAP-ENV:Client): A
'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Fault' element must contain
a: 'faultcode' element.
[SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=A
'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Fault' element must contain
a: 'faultcode' element.;
targetException=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: A
'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Fault' element must contain
a: 'faultcode' element.]
        at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:244)
        at HelloSoapClient.main(HelloSoapClient.java:44)

I changed the binaries to try it with Version 2.0 and that was no luck
too, finnally I tried directly querying the ServiceManagerClient using:

java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
http://localhost:8080/apache-soap/servlet/rpcrouter query urn:name

I got the following SOAPException :

Exception in thread "main" [SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client;
msg=A 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Fault' element must
contain a: 'faultcode' element.;
targetException=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: A
'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Fault' element must contain
a: 'faultcode' element.]
        at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:181)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.invokeMethod(ServiceManag
erClient.java:110)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.query(ServiceManagerClien
t.java:143)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.main(ServiceManagerClient
.java, Compiled Code)

Am I missing something here?? I really appreciate any help in this
matter.

thanks,
Krishna

Krishna Vemuri
Software Engineer

Re: SOAPException caught

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@watson.ibm.com>.
Are you using Xerces 1.3.1? That's buggy .. don't use it.

Sanjiva.