Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jay <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2006/09/27 10:44:09 UTC

in a string

Hi all,
    I want to store the value of <bean:write name="mgmtAllPages"
property="content"/>  value in a string. Or in other words, i have a
variable of string data type. i want to set its value equal to value of
<bean:write>

String variable = <bean:write name="mgmtAllPages" property="content"/> ;

any idea to do this
thanks

Re: in a string

Posted by Aftab Vhora <af...@oracle.com>.
correcting my self
 its bean:define instead of html:define

Thanks & Regards,
Aftab Vhora
Oracle India Pvt Ltd,
Cell-9880 311 391

Re: in a string

Posted by Aftab Vhora <af...@oracle.com>.
Hi,
Syntax for html:define

Thanks & Regards,
Aftab Vhora

Re: in a string

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <ap...@apache.org>.
Jay ha scritto:
> Hi all,
>     I want to store the value of <bean:write name="mgmtAllPages"
> property="content"/>  value in a string. Or in other words, i have a
> variable of string data type. i want to set its value equal to value of
> <bean:write>
>
> String variable = <bean:write name="mgmtAllPages" property="content"/> ;
>
> any idea to do this

Use <bean:define> or, the better, <c:set>:
http://java.sun.com/products/jsp/jstl/1.1/docs/tlddocs/c/set.html

HTH
Antonio