Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org> on 2007/03/14 14:42:16 UTC

Working on DayTrader

I'll be working on DT today.  My goals are to first get the monster
deployed on trunk (and working or JIRA's opened identifying issues).
I'm also going to next look at primitives for EJB 3.0 and see where
we lack and what needs to be added.

I suspect we would like to keep the AppClients that use WS and for
data integrity verification.  Most people don't find them that useful
(only a few postings about what they are).  If anyone has an opinion
one way or the other chime in.

I know chris has done some cleanup so maybe all this is already done :)

Re: Working on DayTrader

Posted by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org>.
On Mar 14, 2007, at 10:14 AM, Christopher Blythe wrote:

> Matt...
>
> As I mentioned last week, I started working on a full EJB3 mode for
> Daytrader 2.0 on Glassfish. I was able to get this up and running
> under load late yesterday afternoon. So far, I have not seen any
> exceptions; however, I have not had a chance to verify how much
> data I may be stomping due to the optimistic nature of EJB3/JPA. In
> addition to the full workload, I also have a full set of EJB3
> session and entity primitives. I will try to have a patch (and/or
> these changes integrated) within the next day or so.

Excellent, I'd be curious as I spect everyone else would about
differences you might see between Glassfish and Geronimo in terms of
application behaviour.

I'll focus on the EJB 2.1 stuff which I believe is currently broken.
Also, if you could commit your primitive stuff that would be awesome.

thanks

Re: Working on DayTrader

Posted by Christopher Blythe <cj...@gmail.com>.
Matt...

As I mentioned last week, I started working on a full EJB3 mode for
Daytrader 2.0 on Glassfish. I was able to get this up and running under load
late yesterday afternoon. So far, I have not seen any exceptions; however, I
have not had a chance to verify how much data I may be stomping due to the
optimistic nature of EJB3/JPA. In addition to the full workload, I also have
a full set of EJB3 session and entity primitives. I will try to have a patch
(and/or these changes integrated) within the next day or so.

Chris

Re: Working on DayTrader

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.