Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Roger Varley <ro...@yahoo.com> on 2001/11/21 15:52:28 UTC

Default file locations for .properties file

Hi

I have a servlet running under Tomcat 3.2 that reads and writes to a
properties file created by the Properties class. If I only provide the
unqualified name of the properties file in my servlet, Tomcat reads and
writes the file to the %TOMCAT_HOME% directory. This is consistant with the
documentation in the server.xml file. The comments go onto say that I can
specify a "home" parameter that will be used to represent the base directory
for all relative paths, but these comments appear in a section of server.xml
that appears to be concerned with global configuration. So I'm concerned
that because the "all" is unqualified that by setting this "home" parameter
I will disrupt the "webapps/<contextname>/web-inf behaviour and that all my
properties files will appear in the same directory

I am running a number of different contexts and I would like each properties
file to appear somewhere within the directory structure for each context
without having to specify the absolute path in each servlet.

Regards
Roger
--
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink,
 and shooting the rider because his horse allowed itself to