Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Cristian Ferrero <cr...@hotmail.com> on 2008/02/06 21:51:18 UTC

Table header conditions

Is there a way to put conditios to a table header ? i mean if the node of
table's group not exist i don't need any headers...actually doesn't show
table data, but shows fields prompts (which is text , for example
<fo:table-header>
 <xsl:text>Medidor </xsl:text></fo:inline>)

sorry i'm new with FOP

tks

Re: Table header conditions

Posted by Andreas Delmelle <an...@telenet.be>.
On Feb 6, 2008, at 21:51, Cristian Ferrero wrote:

Hi

> Is there a way to put conditios to a table header ? i mean if the
> node of table's group not exist i don't need any headers...actually
> doesn't show table data, but shows fields prompts (which is text ,
> for example
> <fo:table-header>
> <xsl:text>Medidor </xsl:text></fo:inline>)
>
> sorry i'm new with FOP

No problem, but can you please elaborate?
The above FO is far from complete enough to show what the issue here,
so like Eric, I'm guessing... this seems an XSLT-related question.

Depending on the exact use-case, you should be able to omit the
fo:table-header node in the stylesheet, using a construction like:

<xsl:if test="...">
   <fo:table-header>...</fo:table-header>
</xsl:if>
<fo:table-body>

In FO --meaning: after the stylesheet has been applied-- it is only
possible to conditionally omit a table-header or -footer on page-
breaks, but that's as far as it goes.

HTH!

Andreas

RE: Table header conditions

Posted by "Amick, Eric" <Er...@mail.house.gov>.
Unless I misunderstood you, this has nothing to do with FOP or FO. If
you're using a stylesheet to generate the FO, just use some sort of
xsl:if or xsl:choose test around the fo:table-header.

Eric Amick
Legislative Computer Systems
Office of the Clerk