Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Andreas Lundblad <an...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/29 15:59:15 UTC

List editor

I have written my own FormComponentPanel for my domain object, "MyObject".
Now I'd like to be able to have a form component for editing List<MyObject>.

The best resource I can find on this subject is

http://wicketinaction.com/2008/10/building-a-listeditor-form-component/

by Igor Vaynberg

However, I'm having troubles following the instructions. I suspect that
it's because that tutorial targets an older version of Wicket. For
instance, ListItem already exists in the wicket library (is it the same, or
should I rename the class in the tutorial?) and RepeatingView doesn't have
a getModelObject() method so I get a compile error on that line.

I've also discovered that there are a few interesting new methods/classes,
such as IItemReuseStrategy which may help me write an even more elegant
list editor.

So, my question: Is there a more recent tutorial somewhere? Or is the above
mentioned tutorial still the best way to go apart from some minor changes?

best regards,
Andreas Lundblad

Re: List editor

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

I am not aware of a newer article on this topic.
- ListItem - use the one from the article
- getModelObject() - getDefaultModelObject()

Martin Grigorov
Wicket Training and Consulting
https://twitter.com/mtgrigorov