Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by "Pill, Juergen" <Ju...@softwareag.com> on 2001/08/30 17:27:16 UTC

RE: cvs commit: jakarta-slide/src/share/org/apache/slide/macro Ma croImpl.java

Hi Remy,

If n users try to access an identical document only one user will be
successful, in our implementation the n-1 users are sleeping until either
the resource is free again, or a timeout has occurred.
If the first delete was not successful caused by a time out, he was trying
to delete it again, this time he could be successful. But the enlisted store
had already a backout transaction stored. In this case no exception is send
to the servlet and the commit method is called, which calls prepare and this
method will fail (in AbstractService). The rollbacks are called, but the
commit terminates with an exception.

Best regards,

juergen