Posted to announce@apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2012/06/14 22:31:07 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] HttpComponents HttpCore 4.2.1 GA Released

The Apache HttpComponents project is pleased to announce release 4.2.1
(GA) of HttpComponents HttpCore. This is a patch release that fixes a
number of non-critical bugs found since 4.2. Please refer to the release
notes for details.

Users of HttpCore 4.2 are advised to upgrade.

Download -
<http://hc.apache.org/downloads.cgi>
Release notes -
<http://www.apache.org/dist/httpcomponents/httpcore/RELEASE_NOTES.txt>
HttpComponents site -
<http://hc.apache.org/>

About HttpComponents Core - HttpCore is a set of low level HTTP
transport components that can be used to build custom client and server
side HTTP services with a minimal footprint. HttpCore supports two I/O
models: a blocking I/O model based on the classic Java I/O and a
non-blocking, event driven I/O model based on Java NIO. The blocking I/O
model may be more appropriate for data intensive, low latency scenarios,
whereas the non-blocking model may be more appropriate for high latency
scenarios where raw data throughput is less important than the ability
to handle thousands of simultaneous HTTP connections in a resource
efficient manner.