Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by kurt greaves <ku...@instaclustr.com> on 2017/10/09 01:42:40 UTC

Re: Got error, removing parent repair session - When doing multiple repair -pr — Cassandra 3.x

Note 3.11 uses incremental repair by default. If you were using full
repairs previously you'll need to specify -full as well when repairing in
3.11.

Incremental repair won't work if you run it on multiple nodes at the same
time that have replica overlap in the token ring.
​

Re: Got error, removing parent repair session - When doing multiple repair -pr — Cassandra 3.x

Posted by kurt greaves <ku...@instaclustr.com>.
Nvm forgot about that
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-13885> ticket and that
full repairs do anti-compactions now. For anyone else who doesn't already
know, what I said above is true but full repairs won't help the multiple
concurrent repair issue because they do anti-compactions as well now...