Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Vilya Harvey <vi...@lineone.net> on 2004/06/09 11:05:37 UTC

[cforms] How to paginate widgets inside a repeater?

Hi everyone,

I'm fairly new to Cocoon and already very impressed with it, but have run
across an issue I'm not sure how to solve. I've looked in the FAQ and HowTo
sections as well as the resource links, but haven't been able to find
anything. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have a form, using CForms, with a repeater. I'd like to paginate it's
contents, but I can't figure out how. As far as I can tell, the
PaginationTransformer can't handle this use case (although I'd love to be
wrong about that). What would be the best way of moving forward with this?

Thanks in advance,
Vil.
--
             __
    o|   _. /  \|o._  _  _ ._  _  ._  _ _|_

Re: [cforms] How to paginate widgets inside a repeater?

Posted by Vilya Harvey <vi...@lineone.net>.
Thanks for the quick reply!

Upayavira wrote:
> Vilya Harvey wrote:
>> I have a form, using CForms, with a repeater. I'd like to paginate
>> it's contents, but I can't figure out how. As far as I can tell, the
>> PaginationTransformer can't handle this use case (although I'd love to
>> be wrong about that). What would be the best way of moving forward
>> with this?
>

> In my limited knowledge, I would say that you don't want to paginate in
> your repeater, you want to paginate in your binding between repeater and
> business objects. Your repeater shows just a range of entries from your
> business objects, but the repeater is always complete in itself.

If I understand you correctly, you're saying I should transform the data
into a paginated form before I bind it to the repeater? That sounds like a
reasonable idea. I'll give it a go and see what happens. Thanks!

Vil.
--
             __
    o|   _. /  \|o._  _  _ ._  _  ._  _ _|_

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.
Vilya Harvey wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm fairly new to Cocoon and already very impressed with it, but have
> run across an issue I'm not sure how to solve. I've looked in the FAQ
> and HowTo sections as well as the resource links, but haven't been
> able to find anything. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> I have a form, using CForms, with a repeater. I'd like to paginate
> it's contents, but I can't figure out how. As far as I can tell, the
> PaginationTransformer can't handle this use case (although I'd love to
> be wrong about that). What would be the best way of moving forward
> with this?

In my limited knowledge, I would say that you don't want to paginate in
your repeater, you want to paginate in your binding between repeater and
business objects. Your repeater shows just a range of entries from your
business objects, but the repeater is always complete in itself.

Regards, Upayavira