Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Andreas Sewe <se...@st.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de> on 2011/01/18 16:03:53 UTC

site.xml: property interpolation and inheritance

Hi all,

I have a question regarding property interpolation and inheritance in
the case of site descriptors. I looks to my like these behave
differently than property interpolation and inheritance in the case of
the POM.

Suppose I have the following element within my parent project's site.xml

   <bannerRight>
     <name>${project.description}</name>
   </bannerRight>

Now a child project's site:effective-site contains the following:

   <bannerRight>
     <name>Description of the *parent* project</name>
   </bannerRight>

Why is that? Inherited elements in the POM (e.g., <url>) are subject to
property interpolation in the context of the child project rather than
the parent project. Why is this different for site descriptors? And is
there a workaround other than copy-and-pasting the site.xml into the
child project.

FWIW, I am using Maven 3.0.2, the maven-site-plugin version 3.0-beta-3,
and have attached my descriptor to the parent project; the attached
descriptor is already fully interpolated. :-(

Best wishes,

Andreas

Re: site.xml: property interpolation and inheritance

Posted by Andreas Sewe <se...@st.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.
Hi Lukas,

> That's an old bug: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE-135

*sigh* I should really check the issue tracker first. :-(

> I am currently looking at site inheritance issues, maybe I'll get to it...

That would be great. Thanks.

Posted by Lukas Theussl <lt...@apache.org>.
That's an old bug: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE-135

I am currently looking at site inheritance issues, maybe I'll get to it...

-Lukas