Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by "Met @ Uber" <me...@uberstats.com> on 2003/07/10 03:14:48 UTC

jdbc-connection-descriptor Tag Error.

Does anyone see whats wrong with the following XML file?  Also, what
tool on a Linux machine might I use to compare XML files to a DTD?

All the help is greatly appreciated.

=== repository_database.xml ===

<jdbc-connection-descriptor
    jcd-alias="default"
    default-connection="true"
    platform="PostgreSQL"
    jdbc-level="2.0
    driver="org.postgresql.Driver
    protocol="jdbc"
    subprotocol="postgresql"
    dbalias="ccw_java"
    username="mimetnet"
    password="patribus"
    eager-release="false"
    batch-mode="false"
    useAutoCommit="1"
    ignoreAutoCommitExceptions="false" >

  <connection-pool maxActive="21" validationQuery="" />

  <sequence-manager

className="org.apache.ojb.broker.util.sequence.SequenceManagerHighLowImpl">
    <attribute attribute-name="grabSize" attribute-value="20" />
    <attribute attribute-name="autoNaming" attribute-value="true" />
    <attribute attribute-name="globalSequenceId" attribute-value="false"
/>
    <attribute attribute-name="globalSequenceStart"
attribute-value="10000" />
  </sequence-manager>

</jdbc-connection-descriptor>

Re: jdbc-connection-descriptor Tag Error.

Posted by Michael Hart <mi...@perceptek.com.au>.
Met @ Uber wrote:

>Does anyone see whats wrong with the following XML file?  Also, what
>tool on a Linux machine might I use to compare XML files to a DTD?

You seem to be missing a closing quote with the driver attribute:

><jdbc-connection-descriptor
>    jcd-alias="default"
>    default-connection="true"
>    platform="PostgreSQL"
>    jdbc-level="2.0
>    driver="org.postgresql.Driver
>    protocol="jdbc"
>    subprotocol="postgresql"
>    dbalias="ccw_java"
>    username="mimetnet"
>    password="patribus"
>    eager-release="false"
>    batch-mode="false"
>    useAutoCommit="1"
>    ignoreAutoCommitExceptions="false" >

If that is the problem, then you really should be using an editor that
supports syntax highlighting (vim, etc) - an issue like this shouldn't
be something that you need to contact a mailing list about.

Cheers,

Michael

RE : jdbc-connection-descriptor Tag Error.

Posted by Emmanuel Dupont <em...@jwaretechnologies.com>.
You have forgot the " at the end of the line :