Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Richard Feldman <rt...@bjc.org> on 2009/01/16 23:37:03 UTC

deploy:bundle vs. deploy:bundle-file

I have the following structure in my POM:

<build>
    <plugins>
        <plugin>
            <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
            <extensions>true</extensions>
            <configuration>
                <remoteOBR>repository.xml</remoteOBR>
                <url>scp://foo</url>
                <groupId>${groupId}</groupId>
                <artifactId>${artifactId}</artifactId>
                <version>${version}</version>
                <packaging>${packaging}</packaging>

This works great for deploy:bundle, which updates repository.xml (or anything else I change that to) remotely just fine. However, when I run deploy:bundle-file, it does not even seem to be reading this part of the configuration.

If I run it as-is, it complains that I have not specified a URL. If I specify one with -Durl=scp://foo then it complains that I have not given a groupId, artifactId, version, or packaging. Yet, with the same POM, deploy:bundle clearly successfully reads a value from the remoteOBR portion of this configuration section just fine.

(For the record, I have also tried absolutely specifying groupId, artifactId, version, and packaging in the POM, with no change in result.)

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks again,

-Richard

Re: deploy:bundle vs. deploy:bundle-file

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <mc...@gmail.com>.
On 17 Jan 2009, at 06:37, "Richard Feldman" <rt...@bjc.org> wrote:

> I have the following structure in my POM:
>
> <build>
>    <plugins>
>        <plugin>
>            <groupId>org.apache.felix</groupId>
>            <artifactId>maven-bundle-plugin</artifactId>
>            <extensions>true</extensions>
>            <configuration>
>                <remoteOBR>repository.xml</remoteOBR>
>                <url>scp://foo</url>
>                <groupId>${groupId}</groupId>
>                <artifactId>${artifactId}</artifactId>
>                <version>${version}</version>
>                <packaging>${packaging}</packaging>

> This works great for deploy:bundle, which updates repository.xml (or
> anything else I change that to) remotely just fine. However, when I
> run deploy:bundle-file, it does not even seem to be reading this
> part of the configuration.

This is working as designed, in Maven the *-file goals are meant to be
used from the command-line and therefore don't automatically read the
local pom configuration - however you should be able to use the -
DpomFile= option to explicitly point to a pom file with the bundle
details, just like the standard install:install-file goal.

bundle:deploy is for deploying pom artifacts and bundle:deploy-file is
for deploying non-maven artifacts.

See the end of the bundleplugin docs for an example of the
bundle:install-file goal.