Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by mgorkani <mg...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/28 01:36:28 UTC

choosing the right value for networkTTL

In my test setup i have 3 servers which are using multicast discovery to find
connections for a network of brokers. Each broker has client listener for
topic A. If one of the brokers publishes to the topic, all of them should
get it. Would that be possible with the networkTTL value of 1 or do I need
to set it to 3? Before when i did that, the listeners got into an infinite
loop where they were receiving the same topic message over and over again. I
changed the networkTTL back to 1.

Re: choosing the right value for networkTTL

Posted by Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 28 Mar 2008, at 00:36, mgorkani wrote:

> In my test setup i have 3 servers which are using multicast
> discovery to find
> connections for a network of brokers. Each broker has client
> listener for
> topic A. If one of the brokers publishes to the topic, all of them
> should
> get it. Would that be possible with the networkTTL value of 1 or do
> I need
> to set it to 3? Before when i did that, the listeners got into an
> infinite
> loop where they were receiving the same topic message over and over
> again. I
> changed the networkTTL back to 1.

networkTTL = 1 sounds right - unless you use a hierarchical tree
architecture (or a acyclic network structure).
What version are you using ? - We actively prevent messages being sent
to a broker a message has been through before by tagging a message
with its brokerId

cheers,

Rob

http://open.iona.com/ -Enterprise Open Integration