Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com> on 2004/10/29 15:04:37 UTC

Re: Question about PorterStemFilter class

Redirecting to lucene-user list.

Hello,

1) that's part of the porter stemming algorithm (see Dr. Porter's web
site for more info).  If you are indexing/searching Spanish text, you
probably shouldn't be using PorterStemFilter.

2) I can't tell from the description.  Could be one of those
unfortunate Field.Keyword and QueryParser interactions, where
Field.Keyword is not analyzed during indexing, but is analyzer during
searching.

Otis

--- "PROYECTA.Fernandez Garcia, Ivan" <pr...@iberia.es>