Posted to user@jspwiki.apache.org by Terry Steichen <te...@net-frame.com> on 2008/01/09 17:59:33 UTC

Module vulnerability?

I can't find the reference, but someone (Janne?) mentioned a
vulnerability of JSPWiki to hacking because the JSP modules aren't
behind WEB-INF.  Could someone expand on this issue - how serious is it,
and if it is serious, what could be done to remedy it?

TIA,

Terry

Re: Module vulnerability?

Posted by Janne Jalkanen <Ja...@ecyrd.com>.
It is most certainly an irritant.  I get about a dozen emails every
day with the error "WikiContext may not be null" from bots or hacking
attempts which are for some reason hitting the template JSP files
directly.

But I agree, I don't think this is a security risk.

The reference is here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JSPWIKI-43

/Janne

Re: Module vulnerability?

Posted by Andrew Jaquith <an...@mac.com>.