Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Boris Pavlovic <bo...@hotmail.com> on 2007/11/12 16:06:36 UTC

[continuations] practical example

hi users,

some time ago I got interested into wicket. especially because of it's
support for continuations. one of the functionalities that I wanted to
achieve is to make a choose item for list without popup dialogs.

lets say that we make a program for a small shop. there's a new product in
the shop and in the back office we should support addition in the product
db. let's asume that product group in which the new product belongs doesn't
exist.

we start with new product form and it's group id and button choose. this
button will lead us to a list of groups. we should be able to add a new
group or choose among existing groups. let's say that group depends on
another object etc.

if we simplify this example by introducing simple list of elements and two
actions 'add' and 'choose'. only 'add' is initially enabled. when user
clicks on add we redirect to the form where he can click on another button
'choose parent' to chose it's parent. this action will lead us again to the
list of elements where we cannot choose anything because it's empty. we'll
add an element (without parent) and choose it from the list. list's button
'choose' will lead us back to the form of the first element with initialized
parent chosen from the previous list.

I have developed the code for this scenario. please feel free to tell me if
there's an easier way to achieve the same goal.

best,
boris

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
21:50 PM