Posted to scm@geronimo.apache.org by ge...@incubator.apache.org on 2004/05/04 22:02:51 UTC

[Apache Geronimo Wiki] New: FrequentlyAskedQuestions

   Date: 2004-05-04T13:02:51
   Editor: EricLeGoff <el...@free.fr>
   Wiki: Apache Geronimo Wiki
   Page: FrequentlyAskedQuestions

   from http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listId=140&msgNo=6875

New Page:

= Project questions =

== What is Geronimo? ==
 The usual as on geronimo incubator page
== Why should I use Geronimo instead of A.N.Other-appServer ==
 full compliance etc.
== Why does geronimo exist? ==
 motivation behind original developers
== Can my company use Geronimo? Are there any restrictions? ==
 Usual apache license stuff
== How is Geronimo designed? Do I need to learn lots of custom config stuff? ==
  Abstraction between service providers and config files perhaps
 [br] Easy config steps

= Admin questions =

== How do I get started installing Geronimo? ==
  i.e. from pre-built download .tar.gz eventually(?)
== How do I add additional services such as Tomcat/OpenEJB/OpenJMS etc. ==
== What services does Geronimo come with built in ==
  Misleading at the moment I know. Any thoughts on what will be included
eventually to provide Servlet/EJB/JMS/OtherAPIHere? And can we/are we
distributing them?
== How can I implement Security constaints/roles/authorisation ==
== Are there any steps I need to do to make Geronimo more secure? ==
== Akin to disable access to 8080 in Tomcat, but for Geronimo stuff ==

= App developer/deployer questions =

== Are there any special config steps I'm likely to need, and how do I do
them? ==
 - Thinking CMP config, JMS config etc. here
== I have an EAR file, how do I deploy it? ==

= Geronimo developer questions =

== How do I get involved etc. (and for others currently on Geronimo
incubator page) ==
== How do I get the latest version? ==
-> Building Running
== I want to create an installation binary for MyFaveOS, any advice? ==
 - env vars
 - contributing binaries/installers to project
== What on Earth is a GBean? Why are they different from MBeans? ==