Posted to dev@livy.apache.org by Saisai Shao <sa...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/28 06:53:45 UTC

The process of Livy 0.4.0-incubating release

Hi mentors,

Would you please guide us on how to release the Livy 0.4.0-incubating,
including artifact publish.

Also regarding push artifacts to repo, are we inclining to change to Maven
central repo, or we still use Cloudera repo, any suggestion?

Besides, for Python package release, do we need to publish this python
client package to PIP or we don't need to do this now, any comment?

Thanks for your help and suggestion.

Best regards,
Saisai (Jerry)

Re: The process of Livy 0.4.0-incubating release

Posted by Saisai Shao <sa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks guys for your comments. Since the vote is passed, I will do the
artifact publishing things in these days.

Best regards,
Jerry

Posted by Bikas Saha <bi...@outlook.com>.
This is great! We have a first release.

I will start a thread on general release cadence.

Bikas

________________________________
From: Saisai Shao <sa...@gmail.com>
To: dev@livy.incubator.apache.org
Date: 09/03/2017 08:05 PM

________________________________

Hi all,

All the stuffs related to 0.4.0-incubating release are done, please check.

If you don't mind I'm going to announce the release of Livy
0.4.0-incubating in the incubation mail list.

Thanks
Jerry

Posted by Alex Bozarth <aj...@us.ibm.com>.

From:	Saisai Shao <sa...@gmail.com>
To:	dev@livy.incubator.apache.org
Date:	09/03/2017 08:05 PM
Subject:	Re: The process of Livy 0.4.0-incubating release

 .

Posted by Saisai Shao <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by Alex Bozarth <aj...@us.ibm.com>.
The website PRs are updated (with a 9/1/17 release date) and ready to
merge.

@jerry if you want to merge them and update the website when you send the
announcement email.

 Alex Bozarth
 Software Engineer
 Spark Technology Center

 E-mail: ajbozart@us.ibm.com
 GitHub: github.com/ajbozarth
                                                                   505 Howard Street
                                                             San Francisco, CA 94105
                                                                       United States

From:	Saisai Shao <sa...@gmail.com>
To:	dev@livy.incubator.apache.org
Date:	09/01/2017 01:11 AM
Subject:	Re: The process of Livy 0.4.0-incubating release

Hi all, I just published maven artifacts to repository.apache.org, please
check (
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__repository.apache.org_-23nexus-2Dsearch-3Bquick-7Eorg.apache.livy&d=DwIFaQ&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=S1_S7Dymu4ZL6g7L21O78VQZ53vEnAyZ-cx37DPYDyo&m=fMV22rxtZ56xBOsS_08nAtWN0INQGs6rwMRoj1ot8js&s=PDM5YGd_nH5qlIketLl_Igr0Fhdqyf9IsI1QIwwEq4M&e=
 ).

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_ajbozarth&d=DwIFaQ&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=S1_S7Dymu4ZL6g7L21O78VQZ53vEnAyZ-cx37DPYDyo&m=fMV22rxtZ56xBOsS_08nAtWN0INQGs6rwMRoj1ot8js&s=CzCDePcP9HxXc4FCCima2ThJ0zgF6K5oHcRKWJEegMg&e=

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__urldefense&d=DwIFaQ&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=S1_S7Dymu4ZL6g7L21O78VQZ53vEnAyZ-cx37DPYDyo&m=fMV22rxtZ56xBOsS_08nAtWN0INQGs6rwMRoj1ot8js&s=jYwUSVqxj3Kt8DT-aVGuTcocwOgAZqPAZ3r-flYFkiw&e=

Posted by Saisai Shao <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi all, I just published maven artifacts to repository.apache.org, please
check (https://repository.apache.org/#nexus-search;quick~org.apache.livy).

Posted by Alex Bozarth <aj...@us.ibm.com>.

From:	Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>
To:	dev@livy.incubator.apache.org
Date:	08/30/2017 05:53 PM
Subject:	Re: The process of Livy 0.4.0-incubating release

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__github.com_ajbozarth&d=DwIFaQ&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=S1_S7Dymu4ZL6g7L21O78VQZ53vEnAyZ-cx37DPYDyo&m=zDjACJJqa08AnZmjSeGhW07H5m36H1Jm-wbbwP_BFX8&s=xlygKgJEYxQqGARDhM7RSr8ZPQEW7fo1xuhNihFXR68&e=

> > 505 Howard Street
> > San Francisco, CA 94105
> > United States
> >

> > [image: Inactive hide details for Saisai Shao ---08/30/2017 12:05:24
> > AM---Looks like I wronged the releasing process, I should
publish]Saisai
> > Shao ---08/30/2017 12:05:24 AM---Looks like I wronged the releasing
> > process, I should publish jars to staging repo according with RC
> >
> > From: Saisai Shao <sa...@gmail.com>
> > To: dev@livy.incubator.apache.org
> > Date: 08/30/2017 12:05 AM
> > Subject: Re: The process of Livy 0.4.0-incubating release
> > ------------------------------
> >

> > Looks like I wronged the releasing process, I should publish jars to
> > staging repo according with RC vote, and after vote passed click
release
> > publish jars. But what I currently do is to publish jars to staging
repo
> > after vote passed. I'm really sorry about not familiar with the
process.
> > will write a doc as well as release script for the next release.
> >
> > Sorry about it.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Jerry
> >
> > On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 2:10 PM, Saisai Shao <sa...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Luciano,
> > >
> > > I'm trying to push maven artifacts to maven staging repository at
> > > repository.apache.org, seems we need a org.apache.livy staging
profile
> > > use to create a staging repo, I checked Spark release script, it has
> > > profile "d63f592e7eac0" used to create repo, do we need this profile
> for
> > > Livy? Also how can I create this profile?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Jerry
> > >

> > > On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 3:39 PM, Luciano Resende
<luckbr1975@gmail.com

<sai.sai.shao@gmail.com

> 0.4.0-incubating,

> > apache.org_repos_dist_dev_incubator_livy_&d=DwIBaQ&c=jf_
> > iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=S1_S7Dymu4ZL6g7L21O78VQZ53vEnAyZ-cx37DPYDyo&m=
> > 73AoTw0B3DG5OXNjZxX9MzTFe42Dx59uljW55vuT2R0&s=
> > 7tRxDlukXRLudKDtlpeeok3lzvCDHHYw-7oMx8fwz-I&e=

> > apache.org_repos_dist_release_incubator_livy_&d=DwIBaQ&c=jf_
> > iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=S1_S7Dymu4ZL6g7L21O78VQZ53vEnAyZ-cx37DPYDyo&m=
> > 73AoTw0B3DG5OXNjZxX9MzTFe42Dx59uljW55vuT2R0&s=
> > fKrHDzEReoqNRDrYzvoBKQ0hN7wHdFsSgJ0ka3vNDJk&e=

> python

> > com_lresende1975&d=DwIBaQ&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=S1_

S7Dymu4ZL6g7L21O78VQZ53vEnAyZ-cx37DPYDyo&m=73AoTw0B3DG5OXNjZxX9MzTFe42Dx5

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Saisai Shao <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alex,

Posted by Alex Bozarth <aj...@us.ibm.com>.

From:	Saisai Shao <sa...@gmail.com>
To:	dev@livy.incubator.apache.org
Date:	08/30/2017 12:05 AM
Subject:	Re: The process of Livy 0.4.0-incubating release

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__dist.apache.org_repos_dist_dev_incubator_livy_&d=DwIBaQ&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=S1_S7Dymu4ZL6g7L21O78VQZ53vEnAyZ-cx37DPYDyo&m=73AoTw0B3DG5OXNjZxX9MzTFe42Dx59uljW55vuT2R0&s=7tRxDlukXRLudKDtlpeeok3lzvCDHHYw-7oMx8fwz-I&e=

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__dist.apache.org_repos_dist_release_incubator_livy_&d=DwIBaQ&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=S1_S7Dymu4ZL6g7L21O78VQZ53vEnAyZ-cx37DPYDyo&m=73AoTw0B3DG5OXNjZxX9MzTFe42Dx59uljW55vuT2R0&s=fKrHDzEReoqNRDrYzvoBKQ0hN7wHdFsSgJ0ka3vNDJk&e=

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__twitter.com_lresende1975&d=DwIBaQ&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=S1_S7Dymu4ZL6g7L21O78VQZ53vEnAyZ-cx37DPYDyo&m=73AoTw0B3DG5OXNjZxX9MzTFe42Dx59uljW55vuT2R0&s=ooMsKS7OJms1O05-O2L786_xRXZLHYTvQ1aVPDEy_9s&e=

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__lresende.blogspot.com_&d=DwIBaQ&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=S1_S7Dymu4ZL6g7L21O78VQZ53vEnAyZ-cx37DPYDyo&m=73AoTw0B3DG5OXNjZxX9MzTFe42Dx59uljW55vuT2R0&s=IWI3eFgaDV6GPzGVufAJAQioCPr7ydFrZhfYZEKPhvo&e=

Re: The process of Livy 0.4.0-incubating release

Posted by Saisai Shao <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Saisai Shao <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Luciano,

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marcelo Vanzin <va...@cloudera.com>.
On Sun, Aug 27, 2017 at 11:53 PM, Saisai Shao <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Also regarding push artifacts to repo, are we inclining to change to Maven
> central repo, or we still use Cloudera repo, any suggestion?

As others have said, things have to be published to maven central
(although I don't know how to do that myself). Even if it made sense,
you wouldn't be able to publish to Cloudera's repos.

--
Marcelo