Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/17 02:13:13 UTC

Weird build failures in PR builder

Hi devs,

I'm seeing some build failures regarding generating documentation - they
all logged below error message:

[error] /home/jenkins/workspace/SparkPullRequestBuilder@6/core/src/main/scala/org/apache/spark/serializer/GenericAvroSerializer.scala:123:
> value createDatumWriter is not a member of
> org.apache.avro.generic.GenericData
> [error]     writerCache.getOrElseUpdate(schema,
> GenericData.get.createDatumWriter(schema))
> [error]                                                         ^
> [info] No documentation generated with unsuccessful compiler run
> [error] one error found

But GenericData.createDatumWriter exists (and also compilation doesn't
fail), as well as I succeeded to run "sbt unidoc" with same option.

Note that they're different workers (amp-jenkins-worker-0x) with same
workspace /home/jenkins/workspace/SparkPullRequestBuilder@6.

Below links are the build links failed due to above reason:

https://amplab.cs.berkeley.edu/jenkins/job/SparkPullRequestBuilder/110713/consoleFull
https://amplab.cs.berkeley.edu/jenkins/job/SparkPullRequestBuilder/110712/consoleFull
https://amplab.cs.berkeley.edu/jenkins/job/SparkPullRequestBuilder/110710/consoleFull
https://amplab.cs.berkeley.edu/jenkins/job/SparkPullRequestBuilder/110706/consoleFull
https://amplab.cs.berkeley.edu/jenkins/job/SparkPullRequestBuilder/110697/consoleFull
https://amplab.cs.berkeley.edu/jenkins/job/SparkPullRequestBuilder/110696/consoleFull
https://amplab.cs.berkeley.edu/jenkins/job/SparkPullRequestBuilder/110688/consoleFull

Any guess/suspect?

Thanks,
Jungtaek Lim (HeartSaVioR)

Re: Weird build failures in PR builder

Posted by Shane Knapp <sk...@berkeley.edu>.
yeah, it could be completely unrelated to the build env, but it's late
and i'm not going to dive in to this tonite.  :)

Posted by Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shane Knapp <sk...@berkeley.edu>.