Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Indraveni <in...@yahoo.co.in> on 2006/12/06 14:45:26 UTC

[users@httpd] APache2 and ssl error in debian etch

Hi,

I am using debian etch and I am facing problem in using Apache2 with ssl support. When I am tring to restart apache2 the following error is displayed..

Forcing reload of web server (apache2)...Warning: DocumentRoot [/usr/share/gforge/scm] does not exist
Syntax error on line 186 of /etc/apache2/conf.d/gforge.httpd.conf:
SSLCertificateFile takes one argument, SSL Server Certificate file (`/path/to/file' - PEM or DER encoded)
 failed!

My gforge application is having a SSL directory in it and so its not working.

Can some one please tell me, why this error (bolded text) is coming.

Help needed in solving this..

Thanks & Regards
Indraveni

---------------------------------
 Find out what India is talking about on  - Yahoo! Answers India

Re: [users@httpd] APache2 and ssl error in debian etch

Posted by Krist van Besien <kr...@gmail.com>.
On 12/6/06, Indraveni <in...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using debian etch and I am facing problem in using Apache2 with ssl
> support. When I am tring to restart apache2 the following error is
> displayed..
>
> Forcing reload of web server (apache2)...Warning: DocumentRoot
> [/usr/share/gforge/scm] does not exist
> Syntax error on line 186 of
> /etc/apache2/conf.d/gforge.httpd.conf:
> SSLCertificateFile takes one argument, SSL Server Certificate file
> (`/path/to/file' - PEM or DER encoded)
>  failed!
>
> My gforge application is having a SSL directory in it and so its not
> working.
>
> Can some one please tell me, why this error (bolded text) is coming.

As the httpd daemon so helpfully tells you: There is a syntax error on
line 186 of your config file. So check the syntax. If you need help
from us checking the syntax show us this line from your config file.

Krist
--
krist.vanbesien@gmail.com
Bremgarten b. Bern, Switzerland