Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Javid Alimohideen <ja...@evl.uic.edu> on 2005/12/08 00:47:12 UTC

JSVGSCrollPane problem

Hi,
It might not be a very related question to batik but can someone tell me if
it is possible to prevent scaling of a particular 'g' element in my
document? I have some symbols and i don't want them to scale when the user
zooms in/out. Also, my whole application seems to be very slow to mouse
movements, can someone point me to few directions as where i should be
looking to increase the performance (I mean moving the mouse over the
canvas/java ui widgets is very slow).

Thanks for any help,

Javid

Re: JSVGSCrollPane problem

Posted by th...@kodak.com.
Hi Javid,

"Javid Alimohideen" <ja...@evl.uic.edu> wrote on 12/07/2005 06:47:12 PM:

> It might not be a very related question to batik but can someone tell me
if
> it is possible to prevent scaling of a particular 'g' element in my
> document? I have some symbols and i don't want them to scale when the
user
> zooms in/out.

   The best you can do is to detect when the canvas changes zoom
(there is an onzoom event), then adjust the scale/transform on the
element's to 'undo' the zoom effect.  SVG 1.2 has some features
that will make this easier to do.

>  Also, my whole application seems to be very slow to mouse
> movements, can someone point me to few directions as where i should be
> looking to increase the performance (I mean moving the mouse over the
> canvas/java ui widgets is very slow).

   I'm not sure why this would happen.  Two things come to mind,
either a large number of mouse event handlers at a high level in
the DOM tree, or a few event handlers that do lots of work when
invoked.  Without more info I don't know that I could help.