Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org> on 2004/12/21 08:30:31 UTC

Chain Integration Complete

As you may have noticed, I've completed the merge of struts-chain with
Struts core (see the commit message for details).  I would like to add
this is meant as a step forward, not as my ultimate vision for how
things should be, meaning if someone doesn't like a configuration
property name or process, please feel free to discuss/change it.

Next up: extracting the taglibs :)

Don

Re: Chain Integration Complete

Posted by Joe Germuska <Jo...@Germuska.com>.
At 9:13 AM -0800 12/21/04, Martin Cooper wrote:
>On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 23:30:31 -0800, Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org> wrote:
>>  As you may have noticed, I've completed the merge of struts-chain with
>>  Struts core (see the commit message for details).  I would like to add
>>  this is meant as a step forward, not as my ultimate vision for how
>>  things should be, meaning if someone doesn't like a configuration
>>  property name or process, please feel free to discuss/change it.
>
>Awesome, Don! Thanks for a great Christmas present! :-)

Yeah, Don, you rock.

Joe

--
Joe Germuska
Joe@Germuska.com

Re: Chain Integration Complete

Posted by Martin Cooper <mf...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 23:30:31 -0800, Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org> wrote:
> As you may have noticed, I've completed the merge of struts-chain with
> Struts core (see the commit message for details).  I would like to add
> this is meant as a step forward, not as my ultimate vision for how
> things should be, meaning if someone doesn't like a configuration
> property name or process, please feel free to discuss/change it.

Awesome, Don! Thanks for a great Christmas present! :-)

I'm using 1.2.6 + Chain in my day job right now, so I'll be switching
over to this as soon as makes sense for us. That will get me beating
on this in short order, so that we can refine the way it works and
iron out any issues.

> Next up: extracting the taglibs :)

You're a glutton for punishment, lad. ;-)

--
Martin Cooper

Posted by Don Brown <mr...@twdata.org>.
ComposableRequestProcessor replaces RequestProcessor in Struts 1.3.x.
RequestProcessor is still available and could be used by specifying the
className in the controller config.

Struts 1.2.6 is the latest development release and Struts 1.2.4 is the
latest stable release, but all new development is taking place in
struts/core/trunk containing Struts 1.3-dev.

HTH,

Don

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
And at workstations the world over is heard the sound of caps flipping from bottles of Guiness Stout, Sam Adams, and the occasional Molson Gold. :)

-T.