Posted to users@maven.apache.org by nicolas de loof <ni...@apache.org> on 2008/01/09 15:20:40 UTC

does ignoreSnapshots on release plugin work ?

I'm trying the release plugin 2.0-beta-8-SNAPSHOT with
-DignoreSnapshots=true, but still can't release when my project has
dependencies on snapshots.

Is this really supported ?

Re: does ignoreSnapshots on release plugin work ?

Posted by nicolas de loof <ni...@apache.org>.
Sorry, I made a stupid typo on command line.

2008/1/9, nicolas de loof <ni...@apache.org>:

> I'm trying the release plugin 2.0-beta-8-SNAPSHOT with
> -DignoreSnapshots=true, but still can't release when my project has
> dependencies on snapshots.
>
> Is this really supported ?

RE: does ignoreSnapshots on release plugin work ?

Posted by ni...@planet.nl.
The code of the release plugin is:

    /**
     * Whether to allow timestamped SNAPSHOT dependencies.  Default is to fail when finding any SNAPSHOT.
     *
     * @parameter expression="${ignoreSnapshots}" default-value="false"
     */
    private boolean allowTimestampedSnapshots;

So I don't think it does what it promises. It only allows timestamped snapshots.

Hth,

nick Stolwijk