Posted to dev@onami.apache.org by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/23 06:30:36 UTC

How to release test

Hi folks!

making releases is a serious job at the ASF. And a time-eater.

I usually check out the source tag and test/package it.

Then I take a look at the site to check the branding requirements:
www.apache.org/foundation/marks/pmcs

The RAT plugin outputs license header issues:
http://creadur.apache.org/rat/apache-rat-plugin/index.html

This command helps me to download artifacts from nexus to check them:
wget -e robots=off --cut-dirs=3 -r -p -np --no-check-certificate
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheonami-149/org/apache/onami/org.apache.onami.test/

Then we need to take care our code signing keys are in the KEYS file.
MD5 checking i do with a little script from our mate Ivan (over from
logging land):
https://gist.github.com/3504123

Also I try to open artifacts (avoid zip problems and such).

Hope that helps others a bit - if you have own tipps, they are most
welcome, just reply here!

Cheers
Christian

Re: How to release test

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@apache.org>.
+1 feel free to add a new section for release reviewer

TIA!
-Simo

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi
http://www.99soft.org/

Re: How to release test

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 8:25 AM, Eric Charles <er...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Christian,
>
> What about putting this as additional section on
> http://onami.incubator.apache.org/committers/release-howto.html.
>
> If OK for your, I'm happy to commit the page.

Sure! It would help as I am short of time currently
Thanks

--
http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de

Re: How to release test

Posted by Eric Charles <er...@apache.org>.
Hi Christian,

Re: How to release test

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 8:45 AM, Simone Tripodi
<si...@apache.org> wrote:
> +1 and thanks for the reminder!
>
> On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 6:30 AM, Christian Grobmeier
> <gr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Then we need to take care our code signing keys are in the KEYS file.
>> MD5 checking i do with a little script from our mate Ivan (over from
>> logging land):
>> https://gist.github.com/3504123
>
> we did something similar together in the past:
> <http://www.grobmeier.de/checking-md5-and-signatures-with-a-shell-script-29062011.html#.UP-AYKGWkSg>
> this checks GPG signatures and checksums (both MD5/SHA1)
>
> do you think it would worth putting that stuff on our Onami repo? I think so.

Sure, every docs which help devs and contributors are mostly excellent.
Imagine a world where even non-committers test releases :)

Cheery

--
http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de