Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by bansi <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2008/06/06 22:22:30 UTC

Object Level Security

We use home grown Authentication system and database tables for
Authorization. Here is the Situation we are in:

Domain Object : Address Block
We have business rule which states check User/Group Privileges on Address
Block before Create, Update, Delete IpAddress.

User/Group Privileges on Address Block are retrieved from database table
using HQL named query. This is done inside a method
"checkAddressBlockPrivileges"

Target:
As we may have more domain objects like Address Block, we want to move away
from writing methods

Proposal:
We are thinking to delegate the job of checking user/group privileges to
Proxy, using something like Spring AOP.

As we are naive to the world of AOP, any pointers/suggestions on how to
architecture/design will be highly appreciated
PS: We use Spring Transaction Proxy configured in Spring XML file

Re: Object Level Security

Posted by Scott Belnap <sc...@byu.edu>.
Bansi,

Not too sure what your question has to do with JSF but to answer your
question.

Spring Security has the ability to secure your objects using AOP
Alliance.  You can read more about it at
http://static.springframework.org/spring-security/site/index.html
Check out the Reference Guides.

Hope that helps.