Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org> on 2004/03/19 07:12:51 UTC

Deprecating Traditional Gump

Now that we have gump running on an apache machine

   http://moof.apache.org:8080/gump/

that will soon proxypassed from

   http://gump.apache.org/results/

I propose a few actions:

  1) state loud and clear that the direction is Gumpy and retire
traditional gump, this will help creating itches to scratch

  2) refactor our CVS module:

      gump-traditional
      gump
      gump-data

  3) stop calling it gumpy but rather start doing version numbering, so
that would be Gump 2.0, when Gump 1.0 was traditional

  4) add a cron job so that Gump@moof becomes the official gump run.

thoughts?

--
Stefano.

Re: Deprecating Traditional Gump

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
+1 to all.

=====

Re: Deprecating Traditional Gump

Posted by Leo Simons <ls...@jicarilla.org>.

Posted by Nick Chalko <ni...@chalko.com>.
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> Now that we have gump running on an apache machine

Yeah

>   http://moof.apache.org:8080/gump/
>
> that will soon proxypassed from
>
>   http://gump.apache.org/results/
>
> I propose a few actions:
>
>  1) state loud and clear that the direction is Gumpy and retire
> traditional gump, this will help creating itches to scratch

+1

>  2) refactor our CVS module:
>
>      gump-traditional
>      gump
>      gump-data

gump-1.0
gump-2.0
meta-data

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 19 Mar 2004, Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org> wrote:

>   1) state loud and clear that the direction is Gumpy and retire
> traditional gump, this will help creating itches to scratch

+1

>   2) refactor our CVS module:
>
>       gump-traditional
>       gump
>       gump-data

Hmm, looks like going a little too far.  But if we go that route, we
may want to move the code modules to svn.  No strong opinion.

>   3) stop calling it gumpy but rather start doing version numbering,
> so that would be Gump 2.0, when Gump 1.0 was traditional

+0.5

I'm not sure that names matter, as long as everybody involved know
what is what ...

>   4) add a cron job so that Gump@moof becomes the official gump run.

If it works as stable as LSD, +1.

Stefan

RE: Deprecating Traditional Gump

Posted by Scott Sanders <sc...@dotnot.org>.
>   1) state loud and clear that the direction is Gumpy and retire
> traditional gump, this will help creating itches to scratch

[Scott Sanders]
+1

>   2) refactor our CVS module:
>
>       gump-traditional
>       gump
>       gump-data

[Scott Sanders]
+0, would rather see gump and gump-data with a 1.0 and 2.0 tag/branch

>   3) stop calling it gumpy but rather start doing version numbering, so
> that would be Gump 2.0, when Gump 1.0 was traditional

[Scott Sanders]
Fine, but I think the CVS repos should reflect what we are talking about