Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Kamal Palei <pa...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/08 02:44:03 UTC

Number of search results from SOLR

Dear All
I am looking for to get maximum number of search results from a given solr
query.
How can I get it, kindly give me some pointer.

Best Regards
Kamal

Re: Number of search results from SOLR

Posted by Dmitry Kan <so...@gmail.com>.
If you need just the count of the results found, check the numFound.

If you would like to get all the results possible in one go, you could try
rows=-1. This may impact on your server a lot, so be careful.

If you have a single non-sharded index, try pagination
(start=offset&rows=window_size) instead of asking all results in one go.

Dmitry