Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by pascal barbedor <pa...@free.fr> on 2002/08/17 19:42:26 UTC

[modperl-2.0] unresolved external on win32 when compiling

Hi

when compiling modperl 1.99_05 (from today cvs)
with MP_DEBUG=1
there is un unresolved external
RequestIO.obj : unresolved external symbol _times
RequestIO.dll fatal LNK error

this is with perl 5.8.0 compiled with DEBUG flag
win XP
MSVC6

best regards
pascal

PS modperl-1.99_04 downloaded from perl.apache.org
shows this error (with same compiling configuration)

mod_perl.c(519) : error ap_register_output_filter  different types formal and actual parameters 3
mod_perl.c (523): error ap_register_input_filter  too few actual parameters

Re: [modperl-2.0] unresolved external on win32 when compiling

Posted by pascal barbedor <pa...@laposte.net>.
Hi

 when compiling modperl 1.99_05 (from today cvs)
with MP_DEBUG=1

first error :

modperl_xsinit.lo : fatal error : incompatible pdb format in
c:\modperl-2.0\src\modules\perl\vc60.pdb ; delete and rebuild

I don't know what the "delete and rebuild" means. after I delete the
vc60.pdb file mentionned above, and retype "nmake" compilation continues
without debugging information and hangs on this second error i mentioned
before :

 there is un unresolved external
> > RequestIO.obj : unresolved external symbol _times
> > RequestIO.dll fatal LNK error

this is with perl 5.8.0 compiled with DEBUG flag
win XP
MSVC6
Apache 2.0.40

pascal

Re: [modperl-2.0] unresolved external on win32 when compiling

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.
On Sun, 18 Aug 2002, Stas Bekman wrote:

> pascal barbedor wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > when compiling modperl 1.99_05 (from today cvs)
> > with MP_DEBUG=1
> > there is un unresolved external
> > RequestIO.obj : unresolved external symbol _times
> > RequestIO.dll fatal LNK error
> >
> > this is with perl 5.8.0 compiled with DEBUG flag
> > win XP
> > MSVC6
>
> Perhaps someone on win32 can check this out. Randy?

I get the missing _times error too - I think this is
related to the use of times() in MP_START_TIMES() and
MP_END_TIMES() in src/modules/perl/modperl_time.h.
I looked on some VC++ newsgroups - there were questions
about a VC++ equivalent of times(), but no real answers.

--
best regards,
randy

Re: [modperl-2.0] unresolved external on win32 when compiling

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
pascal barbedor wrote:
> Hi
>
> when compiling modperl 1.99_05 (from today cvs)
> with MP_DEBUG=1
> there is un unresolved external
> RequestIO.obj : unresolved external symbol _times
> RequestIO.dll fatal LNK error
>
> this is with perl 5.8.0 compiled with DEBUG flag
> win XP
> MSVC6

Perhaps someone on win32 can check this out. Randy?

> PS modperl-1.99_04 downloaded from perl.apache.org
> shows this error (with same compiling configuration)
>
> mod_perl.c(519) : error ap_register_output_filter  different types
> formal and actual parameters 3
> mod_perl.c (523): error ap_register_input_filter  too few actual parameters

that's ok. you aren't supposed to build _04 with apache 2.0.40 or
higher. it's time to release _05.

Re: [modperl-2.0] unresolved external on win32 when compiling

Posted by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>.
On Sat, 17 Aug 2002, pascal barbedor wrote:

> Hi
>
> when compiling modperl 1.99_05 (from today cvs)
> with MP_DEBUG=1
> there is un unresolved external
> RequestIO.obj : unresolved external symbol _times
> RequestIO.dll fatal LNK error

this has been fixed in cvs.  just s/times/PerlProc_times/g in
modperl_time.h