Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Danny <da...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/11 20:32:37 UTC

Re: SolrCloud - Fails to read db config file

Hi,

I seem to have the same issue here.

I'm running a very simple Solr server in standalone mode, using a DIH with
the following datasource in *dataconfig.xml* :

It works fine.

Then I stop the standalone server, empty the data directory, and start a
cluster with an embedded ZooKeeper, just by changing the command line to
this one (called from the */danny* directory) :

The Solr cloud starts without problems.

Then I go in the admin interface, in the *Dataimport* page of the core, to
execute a data import. But now the *Entity* dropdown list is empty, and I
get this error in the log :

So it looks like the same problem deniz had.

I don't understand what does /configs/danny_conf/ represents for ZooKeeper ?
Is it a /real/ path, or a /virtual/ one ?

I created a symbolic link that allowed the path
/configs/danny_conf//danny/solr/core1/conf/data-config.xml to be actually
readable, but I still had the error, so I guess it's not a real path that
ZooKeeper is looking for.

In the admin interface, under *Cloud > Tree*, I can see under
/configs/danny_conf/ that all the files that are listed are actually the
files that are under this real path : /danny/solr/core1/conf/ (like
data-config.xml for example).

But I still don't understand what's going on...

Also, I didn't understand Mark Miller's tip :

Mark Miller-3 wrote
> As a workaround, try explicitly setting the directory to write the
> properties file in with the "directory" param. You should be able to set
> it to anything, as it should not be used.

Thanks for any help here :)

Danny.