Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Chetan Pandey <cp...@bluesingapore.com> on 2006/12/13 04:19:37 UTC

Question about Filter Mapping

Hi All:

I have written a Filter AuthFilter for my Struts App.

I am doing the following mapping.

      <filter>

            <filter-name>authFilter</filter-name>

<filter-class>com.blue.marketing.emailer.util.AuthenticationFilter</filter-c
lass>

      </filter>

<filter-mapping>

          <filter-name>authFilter</filter-name>

            <url-pattern>/manageEvent.do?function=list</url-pattern>

      </filter-mapping>

But the Filter is never entered as Debug statements are not printed.

The following is how my Action is mapped in struts-config.xml

<action path="/manageEvent"

type="com.blue.marketing.emailer.action.setupResponse.ManageEvent"

                  parameter="function" name="eventForm" scope="session"

                  validate="false" input="/setupResponse/eventList.jsp">

                  <forward name="manage"

                        path="/setupResponse/manageEvent.jsp" />

                  <forward name="confirm"

path="/setupResponse/manageEventConfirmationPage.jsp" />

                  <forward name="eventPreview"

path="/setupResponse/manageEventConfirmationPage.jsp" />

                  <forward name="questionnaire"

                        path="/manageQuestionnaire.do?function=add" />

                  <forward name="success"

                        path="/setupResponse/setupResponseMessage.jsp" />

                  <forward name="list"

                        path="/setupResponse/eventsList.jsp" />

                  <forward name="report"

                        path="/setupResponse/eventDetailReport.jsp" />

            </action>

I want to know what should be the correct URL-Mapping so that when the page
is clicked for manageEvent.do?function=list access rights are checked via
the Auth Filter.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Chetan

RE: Question about Filter Mapping

Posted by "nagesh.kumar" <na...@interglobetechnologies.com>.
Remove this ".do?function=list"   from the url mapping and try once
I think its possible

Thanks
Nagesh