Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by "micman.manoj" <mi...@hotmail.com> on 2012/03/26 12:04:35 UTC

Problem connecting two separate Ofbiz instances to a common Oracle DB

I have installed Ofbiz in two local pcs. So long I have been accessing the
embedded Derby databases in the respective OfBiz bundles. Now, I tried to
connect to a common Oracle production database.  I made the changes in/
entityengine.xml /file, then ran "build".  First, I did these operations
from pc1 and the changes were successful. All the application tables and
user defined entity tables were created successfully. However, when I tried
to do the same from pc2 I ended up with many errors during the "build"
phase.

    / [java] Error was: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00955: name is already
used by
 an existing object/

Probably, the access to the common database from pc2 tried to create all the
application tables again and had bumped into this error.
One solution to this problem could be to drop the existing tables and try
the build from pc2, but this is not a recommended solution. then how do I
connect to the common Oracle DB?
or how do I populate seed data to existing oracle tables without
encountering the above said error, which throws up for all the ofbiz tables
in the bundle?

Re: Problem connecting two separate Ofbiz instances to a common Oracle DB

Posted by "micman.manoj" <mi...@hotmail.com>.
*Problem Update:*

The problem also throws up the same error if i try to re-run ofbiz in pc1.

Re: Problem connecting two separate Ofbiz instances to a common Oracle DB

Posted by "micman.manoj" <mi...@hotmail.com>.
Thank You!
I have just found out that we can ignore these "errors" which throw up.
After getting exhausted complaining about all such errors, OFbiz proceeds
with the rest of the job.

Re: Problem connecting two separate Ofbiz instances to a common Oracle DB

Posted by Mansour Al Akeel <ma...@gmail.com>.
I don't know a lot about Oracle, but a quick search, gave me this:
http://www.dbforums.com/oracle/1631298-java-sql-sqlexception-ora-00955-name-already-used-existing-object.html

Not sure if this is the case.