Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by George Sealy <Ge...@issdrm.com> on 2001/10/17 20:17:20 UTC

Solaris 8 i86

Is there a version of Tomcat 4 that works with Solaris 8 for Intel? What
binaries should I download? Thanks.

George R. Sealy
Principle Consultant/Group Manager Software Development
Information Systems Services, Inc.

Phone: (412) 490-9707
Fax: (412) 490-9017
Email: george.sealy@issdrm.com <ma...@issdrm.com>

One Marquis Office Plaza
5315 Campbells Run Road
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15205
www.issdrm.com <http://www.issdrm.com>

August, 2001--ISS has been selected by the
Pittsburgh Business Times, for the third year in a row,
as one of the Pittsburgh 100 fastest-growing, privately
held companies.   ISS is ranked 14th out of the Top 100
Pittsburgh companies, and is ranked 6th in the Technology
category.

Re: Solaris 8 i86

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Wed, 17 Oct 2001, George Sealy wrote:

> Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 14:17:20 -0400
> From: George Sealy <Ge...@issdrm.com>
> To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: Solaris 8 i86
>
> Is there a version of Tomcat 4 that works with Solaris 8 for Intel? What
> binaries should I download? Thanks.

Like most Java software, it's platform independent -- all you need is a
JDK for Solaris/Intel and the standard Unix distribution.

The only platform-dependency happens if you want to integrate with a web
server - then you need to compile (or acquire) the corresponding
connector.  But Tomcat stand alone runs anywhere an appropriate JDK runs.

Craig

Re: Solaris 8 i86

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
George Sealy at George.Sealy@issdrm.com wrote:

> Is there a version of Tomcat 4 that works with Solaris 8 for Intel? What
> binaries should I download? Thanks.

It works perfectly... Just get the regular binary download and install the
latest OS patches for your virtual machine (I had no problems with
JDK-1.3.1_01)..

    Pier