Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Bill Schneider <bs...@vecna.com> on 2002/02/05 00:02:42 UTC

greetings ... and about BasePeer

Hi,

I just started using Torque and started to dive into some of the details
in BasePeer, to see what would be involved in adding support for outer
joins.  Looks more involved than I thought and I'm not sure it's even a
good idea.  Any opinions on the subject?

Anyhow, I noticed the method bodies for BasePeer.createQueryString and
BasePeer.createPreparedStatement are both long, and almost identical
except for a few lines here and there.  Any objections to a patch to
factor out the common code into a private submethod?  I'm looking at the
  versions in the jakarta-turbine-torque public CVS repository.

-- Bill

Re: greetings ... and about BasePeer

Posted by Jon Scott Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 2/4/02 3:02 PM, "Bill Schneider" <bs...@vecna.com> wrote:

> Anyhow, I noticed the method bodies for BasePeer.createQueryString and
> BasePeer.createPreparedStatement are both long, and almost identical
> except for a few lines here and there.  Any objections to a patch to
> factor out the common code into a private submethod?  I'm looking at the
> versions in the jakarta-turbine-torque public CVS repository.
>
> -- Bill

Patches for this are most appreciated...if you can limit your patches to
making single changes at time, that would also be good since this code can
be delicate to modify...one small change can affect quite a lot of other
stuff...

-jon