Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Ryan Work <ry...@gmail.com> on 2022/02/09 21:21:44 UTC

Help! Can't Get Solr 8.11.1 to Work

I am trying to set up Solr 8.11.1 on a new server that is running RHEL 8
along with Java 11 openjdk. I followed all of the steps listed in the Solr
guide (https://solr.apache.org/guide/8_11/taking-solr-to-production.html)

I pretty much was able to follow the guide with no issue up until the part
where it checks the progress (where I'm supposed to start solr). That's
when I try to start Solr and see the error
"java.lang.IllegalStateException: /opt/solr-8.11.1/server/NONE is not a
valid keystore"..."Caused by: javax.servlet.UnavailableException: Error
processing the request. CoreContainer is either not initialized or shutting
down."

I ran the install script that comes packaged with Solr and which the guide
says to run. I kept all the default values. So I'm not sure why I'm getting
this issue. The odd thing is that I was able to install Solr 7.7 with
similar steps provided on Solr's site and got it to work with no issues. So
only Solr 8 is not working for me. I've tried a few of the Solr 8.X
versions, but all gave me the same error and the logs aren't providing any
other relevant message besides the ones I mentioned above. Any ideas on why
I'm getting it and how to resolve it? Thank you in advance!

Re: Help! Can't Get Solr 8.11.1 to Work

Posted by Ryan Work <ry...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I've got some new updates on this issue. We found out that the host we are
using has SELinux enabled. It is also a FIPS enabled environment. So we had
one of our admins apply the necessary SELinux settings to allow Solr which
got rid of the SELinux errors we saw. Now we're trying to figure out how to
get Solr to work in a FIPS enabled environment, but have no clue on how to
do that. We've tried looking online, but haven't come across anything
helpful. Does anyone here have any experience or advice on how to get Solr
to work in a FIPS enabled environment?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Posted by Ryan Work <ry...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Ryan Work <ry...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
Hi,

Please see in your /etc/default/solr.in <http://solr.in/>.sh file whether you have any SOLR_SSL_* variables defined and if those are correctly set up.

If you cannot find anything, it would help a lot if you would provide the entire log from /var/solr/data/logs/solr.log as well as the entire /etc/default/solr.in <http://solr.in/>.sh file, for debugging.